Bilingual Pharmacy Technician Opportunity: Hollywood, CA
- Job Location:
Pharmacy - Pharmacy Technician
We have an excellent full time employment opportunity for a bilingual (Spanish/English) speaking pharmacy technician.
You must be a licensed/registered pharmacy technician in good standing with the state of California and the Board of Pharmacy.
• Assist the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with local, state, federal, and company regulations.
• Compound oral solutions, pastes, powders, capsules, ointments, creams, and other medications for dispensing.
• Follow logs and instructions as written by the pharmacist.
• Prepare and mix medications
• Label and prepare prescription bottles, tubes, packs and vials.
• Assist other pharmacy technicians.
• Maintain and clean compounding area on a daily basis.
• Rotate through all work areas of the pharmacy: verifying prescription refill requests, counting medications, pouring medications, inventory
• Maintain knowledge of, and apply, policies and procedures as they relate to relevant pharmacy practice.
• Record necessary data.
• Escalate patient issues as required
• You must meet the required qualifications for your State
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Experience working at a retail pharmacy preferred
• Previous pharmacy experience with compounding medications
• Excellent comprehension of how medication works
• Successful experience with accurately logging medication records
• Experience interacting with insurance carriers, patients / customers, pharmacy and medical offices over the phone
• Maintain confidentiality in compliance with Federal HIPPA Regulations
• Strong research and problem-solving skills; attentive to details
• Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
Follow me for more job postings: @alex_soliant
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled