Pharmacy - Staff Pharmacist Job Details
Clinical Infectious Disease Pharmacist Job - Direct Hire - Full Time, Permanent - Greensboro, NC
- Job Location:
Pharmacy - Staff Pharmacist
Our client located in Greensboro, NC has a need for a full time, permanent Infectious Disease Pharmacist with a PGY2, here are the details:
Position: Clinical Pharmacist, Infectious Disease
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Direct Hire
• PGY2 in Infectious Disease required
• NC Pharmacy license or ability to reciprocate within 90 days of hire
• Minimum 2+ years of inpatient experience, however if you have a new grad with a
PGY2 let’s definitely present them
• Collaborate with infectious disease physicians, pharmacy clinical directors/managers, infection prevention, clinical laboratory staff and other professionals to develop an antimicrobial stewardship program (ASP).
• Develop interventional strategies to maximize appropriate antibiotic utilization and improvement in patient outcomes including but not limited to antibiotic guidelines, clinical pathways, restriction criteria, policy development, new laboratory methods and formulary management.
• Provide collaborative pharmaceutical care with staff pharmacists for patients receiving anti-infective therapy.
• Establish process for ID pharmacist approval of restricted medications and participate in on-call process.
• Establish a means to report and monitor ongoing anti-infective utilization and identified metrics showing effectiveness of ASP program. Identify opportunities for improvement regarding anti-infective use, culture reporting and ASP communication, including but not limited to performing medication use evaluations and conducting prospective audits.
• Provide ongoing education to pharmacists, physicians, and other disciplines throughout the Scripps system developing educational materials and competencies and providing in-services as needed. Work closely with the Infection Control Department and attend identified site and system meetings. Perform formulary evaluation for anti-infectives.
• Provide appropriate documentation of all activities.
• Precept residents and students in infectious disease rotations.
• Evaluate medication error reduction as pertaining to anti-infectives
Email resume to: email@example.com
Let's talk, our client is ready to hire! This is a perfect opportunity for a new graduate with a PGY2 in Infectious Disease (will assist with relocation)!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled