Pharmacy - Staff Pharmacist Job Details
Clinical Staff Pharmacist Job- Indianapolis, IN
- Job Location:
Pharmacy - Staff Pharmacist
Clinical Staff Pharmacists are responsible for providing comprehensive pharmaceutical care in a hospital setting. Ensures the safe and effective use of medications by providing medication order verification while assessing for optimal drug product selection, dosage regimen design, effective administration and drug therapy monitoring services. Monitors inpatient and outpatient drug therapies when appropriate, and works with medical staff to find alternatives when needed, to ensure the best care possible is being given. Services as an education resource for staff, patients, and families.
· Graduate of an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy
· Minimum: BS Degree required
State Required: Unrestricted License to practice Pharmacy in the state of Indiana required.
- Prepare and dispense medications using appropriate techniques and following approved facility policies and procedures.
- Design, recommend, monitor, and evaluate patient-specific pharmacotherapy.
- Provide medication use education to patients and caregivers.
- Provide concise, applicable, and timely responses to requests for drug information from health care providers and patients.
- Provide in service education to physicians, nurses, and other practitioners as assigned.
- Supervise pharmacy support personnel effectively. Assists effectively with ongoing training of the technician/support staff.
- Actively participates is department and hospital committees and meetings as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled