Director of Pharmacy Clinical Services and Formulary Management - Full Time Permanent Job - California
- Job Location:
San Francisco, CA
Pharmacy-Director of Pharmacy
Are you currently on the job market seeking a Hospital Systems Director role or looking to advance your career to a more regional setting? This is a direct hire job opportunity working as a top-level executive for this amazing network of hospitals. If you love the field of healthcare and enjoy being in the pharmacy industry, this could be the next step in your career as an administrator.
• Lead the organizational Pharmacy & Therapeutics and formulary management process and lead the development of system-wide pharmacy programs and standards for clinical practice.
• Develop organizational approaches to integrate evidenced based formulary decisions into a common and standardized enterprise formulary across inpatient, outpatient, and medical Foundations.
• Provide clinical support and drug information to clinicians and coordinate the development of system-wide standards related to medication use policy. Coordinate the design and management of system-wide Medication Use Improvement initiatives that improve quality, affordability, and patient safety.
• Serve as the primary clinical pharmacy liaison to medical specialties regarding formulary, medication use standards, medication improvement initiatives, and evidenced based use of pharmaceuticals.
• Provide guidance, oversight, and sponsorship for system level medication committees and improvement initiatives.
• Prior experience in formulary management at the integrated health system level is required. P
• rior hospital pharmacy experience, ambulatory care pharmacy experience, and clinical pharmacy practice is required.
• Prior experience completing evidenced based formulary reviews, supportive literature evaluation, development of clinical pharmacy programs, presenting clinical information to providers and committees is required.
• Extensive clinical knowledge of medical and pharmacy practice issues is required.
• Knowledge of managed care strategies, drug benefit management strategies for pharmacy, hospital and medical group experience is preferred.
• Advanced education or equivalent experience in pharmaceutical outcomes measurement, cost/benefit analysis, value based clinical decision making is preferred.
• Experience in student and resident teaching, working with pharmacy residents and interns is preferred.
• Position requires excellent organizational, teamwork, interpersonal, time management, written and verbal communication skills.
• Position requires the capability to set priorities amongst a series of competing clinical and operational priorities and to effectively direct the work of others.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
• Experience in the evaluation and interpretation of pharmacy claims data and other clinical data is preferred.
Call Lara at 281-668-0650 or submit your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Immediate interviews available!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled