Pharmacy - Staff Pharmacist Job Details
Hospital Staff Pharmacist Job- San Francisco, CA
- Job Location:
San Francisco, CA
Pharmacy - Staff Pharmacist
Staff Pharmacist job now open in San Francisco, CA.
As a Pharmacist you will interpret, compound and dispense medications and other pharmaceutical supplies, using standard physical and chemical procedures to fill written prescriptions issued by physicians, and other qualified prescribers. You will also enter drug orders into computer profile.
- Interprets and enters drug orders and patient data into computer profile. Selects, prepares, and dispenses drug products to fill inpatient and outpatient prescriptions. Labels drug products as per procedure.
- Dispenses employee prescriptions, initiates profile system, and provides drug information.
- Interacts with health care personnel to provide information on drug action or delivery of various medications. Provides compatibility information for IV administration of various drugs.
- Screens for drug allergy and drug interactions. Notes drugs or classes of drugs contraindicated in specific disease states. Conducts pre-admission and discharge patient medication interviews upon request.
- Reviews patient charts and nursing medication-charting documents for accuracy and completeness to maintain accurate patient profile. Ensures drugs are reordered as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Maintains records and inventory of investigation drugs, controlled substances, and methadone. Maintains records of transactions and delivery.
- Manufactures, prepares, and labels compound and solutions, and other sterile products.
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy including internship, required. PharmD, preferred.
- Must possess current license to practice Pharmacy in California
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience to ensure familiarity with hospital pharmacy practice, preferred.
Apply now, or for more information, please contact Thomas Moore
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled