Position available for a Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in a total communication classroom for students k-5. Interested individuals should have experience in language acquisition and communication skills to facilitate the needs of students with hearing loss.
Essential Job Functions:
• Serve as the primary teacher for students in the class room
• Possess knowledge regarding the appropriate use and function of a wide variety of amplification devices including, but not limited to cochlear implants, hearing aids, BAHA’s and FM/Infrared auditory training devices.
• Meets with parents, teachers, other professionals, and students to provide information
and support regarding hearing loss.
• Plans instruction as needed per Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
• Develop appropriate IEP goals based on data and the educational needs of the child.
• Provide other needs to the students on an individual basis
An ideal candidate will have had experience working with young children in this field before, but new grads with a strong resume and good references should apply. CA certification required.
For more information on this position, or to check other opportunities nationwide, contact Michael Wilson at 770-325-0569 between the hours of 7am-4pm eastern time, or by appointment. Or email Michael.L.Wilson@soliant.com to set up an appointment.