Position available for a Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in Miami, FL. Interested individuals should have experience in language acquisition and communication skills to facilitate the needs of students with hearing loss. In order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students, the Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing must work closely with the staff and administration within the school district.
Essential Job Functions:
• Serve as the primary teacher for students in the class room
• Meets with parents, teachers, other professionals, and students to provide information
and support regarding hearing loss.
• Plans instruction as needed per Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
• Develop appropriate IEP goals based on data and the educational needs of the child.
• Provide other needs to the students on an individual basis
Experience preferred, but new grads with a strong resume and good references should apply. Candidates must have appropriate state licensure to work in this field or be able to obtain credentials before the start date.
For more information on this position, or to check other opportunities nationwide, contact Michael Wilson at 770-325-0569 between the hours of 7am-4pm eastern time, or by appointment. Or email Michael.L.Wilson@soliant.com to set up an appointment.