Pharmacy - Staff Pharmacist Job Details
PGYII Pharmacist Full Time Job - Oakland,CA
- Job Location:
Pharmacy - Staff Pharmacist
Soliant Health has partnered with a respected California health system in search of a pharmacist with strong ID experience.
If you're an Infectious Disease Pharmacist seeking a new challenge with great advancement opportunities this job is for you.
- Collaborate with infectious disease physicians, pharmacy clinical directors/managers, infection prevention, clinical laboratory staff and other professionals to develop an antimicrobial stewardship program (ASP).
- Develop interventional strategies to maximize appropriate antibiotic utilization and improvement in patient outcomes including but not limited to antibiotic guidelines, clinical pathways, restriction criteria, policy development, new laboratory methods and formulary management.
- Provide collaborative pharmaceutical care with staff pharmacists for patients receiving anti-infective therapy.
- Establish process for ID pharmacist approval of restricted medications and participate in on-call process.
- Establish a means to report and monitor ongoing anti-infective utilization and identified metrics showing effectiveness of ASP program. Identify opportunities for improvement regarding anti-infective use, culture reporting and ASP communication, including but not limited to performing medication use evaluations and conducting prospective audits.
- Provide ongoing education to pharmacists, physicians, and other disciplines throughout the Scripps system developing educational materials and competencies and providing in-services as needed. Work closely with the Infection Control Department and attend identified site and system meetings. Perform formulary evaluation for anti-infectives.
- Provide appropriate documentation of all activities.
- Precept residents and students in infectious disease rotations.
- Evaluate medication error reduction as pertaining to anti-infectives.
Ideal Candidate: CA license, Either STRONG ID experience OR PGYII in Infectious Disease. Willingness/ability to relocate to the Bay Area.
With over 23 years in healthcare, Soliant Health is ranked in the top 10 of allied healthcare recruitment firms in the U.S. We have a proven track record of placing the nation's leading healthcare professionals in all 50 states within hundreds of hospitals. At Soliant, we are working to "make life better for those who make lives better".
Text 404-457-0988 for quick response and all California Hospital Jobs
Follow on LinkedIn @ Thomastatham
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled