Relocate to Sacramento, CA- System Director of Formulary Management and Pharmacy Clinical Programs Job
- Job Location:
Pharmacy-Director of Pharmacy
Calling all Pharmacy Management professional! We are seeking an experienced Director of Pharmacy to be the System Director of Formulary Management and Pharmacy Programs at a healthcare system in Sacramento, CA. We are seeking a Pharmacy Manager superstar for this position. A CA license in not required to apply!
• Lead the organizational Pharmacy & Therapeutics and formulary management process and lead the development of system-wide pharmacy programs and standards for clinical practice.
• Develop organizational approaches to integrate evidenced based formulary decisions into a common and standardized enterprise formulary across inpatient, outpatient, and medical Foundations.
• Provide clinical support and drug information to clinicians and coordinate the development of system-wide standards related to medication use policy. Coordinate the design and management of system-wide Medication Use Improvement initiatives that improve quality, affordability, and patient safety.
• Serve as the primary clinical pharmacy liaison to medical specialties regarding formulary, medication use standards, medication improvement initiatives, and evidenced based use of pharmaceuticals.
• Provide guidance, oversight, and sponsorship for system level medication committees and improvement initiatives.
• Prior experience in formulary management at the integrated health system level is required.
• Prior hospital pharmacy experience, ambulatory care pharmacy experience, and clinical pharmacy practice is required.
• Prior experience completing evidenced based formulary reviews, supportive literature evaluation, development of clinical pharmacy programs, presenting clinical information to providers and committees is required.
• Extensive clinical knowledge of medical and pharmacy practice issues is required.
• Knowledge of managed care strategies, drug benefit management strategies for pharmacy, hospital and medical group experience is preferred.
• Advanced education or equivalent experience in pharmaceutical outcomes measurement, cost/benefit analysis, value based clinical decision making is preferred.
• Experience in student and resident teaching, working with pharmacy residents and interns is preferred.
• Position requires excellent organizational, teamwork, interpersonal, time management, written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
• Experience in the evaluation and interpretation of pharmacy claims data and other clinical data is preferred.
Make a difference in your community and apply today!
Local: (281) 668-0663
Fax: (877) 340-0534
Follow me on linkedIn- https://www.linkedin.com/in/meghanmeyer36
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled