RN - Med Surg - Surgical Acute Travel Nurse Job Peoria, IL
Peoria, Illinois Posted 6 days agoApply Now
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required. Assessing patients of all ages, including telemetry patients, monitoring telemetry, TPN administration, EMR charting, delegation to PCTs, working in collaboration with all ancillary departments, practicing using EBP policies and procedures, safety interventions, fall precautions, CAUTI and CLABSI prevention.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.) EPIC, Care Value, API, MIDAS reporting, Telemetry, Pyxis, Safe patient handling equipment, bladder scanner, glucometer.
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience. Minimum 1 year experience preferred, telemetry and pediatric experience preferred.
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc) BLS required, ACLS preferred, PALS certified preferred.
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?) 12 hour shifts, every other weekend as needed.
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?) No
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.48 beds on unit
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only) 1:5-6, at times 7
9. Dress Code: Clean and neat in appearance scrubs plain or prints(no cartoon characters), nursing shoes or tennis shoes, covered tattoos, no facial piercings, natural hair color (no pink, purple, etc.), no artificial nails, no no-chip nail polish.
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
The traveler will receive 8 hours classroom/education and EPIC training with an educator on the first day. The second and third day will consist of 12 hour shifts on their shift of orientation with a RN preceptor. After this orientation the traveler will be on their own.
Additional Comments: Scheduling is done on the 1st day of the classroom orientation. At the time of the interview the traveler can request certain dates off and schedule preferences. Every other weekend is an expectation.
If you are interested in this position please contact Corey Simmons.
Local: (770) 225-3190
Mobile: (678) 464-9090
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement
Browse Similar Jobs
Travel Med Surg RN Job Visalia CAVisalia, CA
We are in need of an experienced Med Surg RN for a travel job in Visalia, California. We are...
Travel Cath Lab RN Job in Augusta, SCAugusta, SC
Soliant is currently seeking an experienced Cath Lab RN for a contract position near Augusta, SC...