|Position Title||RN - Medical Tele Intermediate|
|Number of Open Positions||1|
|Shift||7:00pm - 7:00am|
|Shift Description||12 hour nights|
|Length of Assignment||
General job duties. Types of procedures required.
General Medical unit, some bedside procedures. Treat patients with illnesses such as cellulites, pancreatitis, diabetes, pain management, etc.…
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
3 12 hour night shift per week (7p-7a). Every other weekend.
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
Unit is on two floors 2700 and 3700. AMSU staffs both floors.
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
56 bed unit split between two floors.
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
1:4-5 on days
1:5-6 on nights.
Staffing matrix us such that not every nurses will be at their max ratio on any given shift, (for example not all RNs on nights would have 6 patients, it rotates.) additionally the charge Rn is 100% out of staffing or takes a patient assignment to less the load of floor RN when the acuity is high.
9. Dress Code:
Any color scrubs. No visible tattoos, no visible piercing except ears.
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
Travel RNs typically are allowed 2 shifts for orientation and attend all ongoing education as required by staff. For example real time in-services on equipment changes/process changes.