Schools - Social Worker Job Details
School Social Worker
- Job Location:
San Jose, CA
Schools - Social Worker
- Participate in the preparation and implementation process for students with IEP’s
- Implement standards for student behavior in order to ensure a safe, secure and effective learning environment by providing a high degree of structure, clear expectations and consistency
- Collaborate with education and social services professionals to develop appropriate agency services for students and their families.
- Provide case management functions for students, which include but are not limited to, coordination of parent meetings, emergency transportation, disciplinary actions such as detention/suspension, and coordination with outside therapists.
- Function as a role model for effective teaching of students as well as for communication and problem solving with staff, reinforcing the School’s emphasis on behavior analytic, empirical approach to education, the extensive use of data in decision making and use of positive reinforcement to achieve maximum performance when working with students and co-workers.
- Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) or Counseling with credential of School Social Work Specialist (SSWS), Licensed Marriage Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) preferred.
- Skills in working with students with diverse needs
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled