Short Term Hospital Pharmacist Opportunity: Ellensburg, WA
- Job Location:
Pharmacy - Staff Pharmacist
Interprets physician medication orders. Acts as drug information resource to patients, medical staff, nursing staff and ancillary department personnel. Compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals. Is responsible for drug distribution,
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze inpatient medication orders for completeness and appropriateness
• Supervise the work of the pharmacy technicians and provide support help as needed.
• Ensure appropriate distribution of medications.
• Analyze lab values to perform pharmacokinetic dosing, renal dosing, and therapeutic drug monitoring according to established protocols and current guidelines.
• Document therapeutic drug monitoring decisions and clinical interventions into the electronic medical record.
• Ensure appropriate medication histories are gathered for medication reconciliation.
• Dispense medications and maintain appropriate records according to state and federal regulations.
• Answer questions and provide information to clinicians and patients regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosages, and storage of pharmaceuticals.
• Respond to emergency response codes in the hospital and maintain ACLS certification.
• Provide assistance to other healthcare practitioners in coordinating nutrition support (including total parenteral nutrition).
• Assists with development of drug protocols and standing orders.
• Participates in Quality Assurance and Drug Use Evaluation programs and completes drug utilization reviews for the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) preferred or 5 years’ experience in a hospital or residency.
• Current license as a registered Pharmacist in the State of Washington.
• At least two years of experience working in a hospital setting.
Follow me for more job postings: @alex_soliant
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled