Vancouver, WA, Special Education Teacher (SPED), Full Time
- Job Location:
Schools - Special Education Teacher
A school district in the Vancouver, WA area is in search of a Special Education Teacher (SPED) for a contract position with Soliant Health.
• Full Time
• K-12; all spectrums of kids, cognitive, high functing autism, non-verbal, life skills, etc.
1. Two years of experience working with students with behavior or mental health issues.
2. Working knowledge of Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) regulations and procedures.
3. Knowledge of academic curriculum aligned with Washington State standards.
4. Recent successful experience working in educational/mental health settings with students who have serious social/emotional or behavioral challenges.
5. Ability to acquire and maintain a valid first aid and CPR card.
6. Written and oral communication skills sufficient to perform essential functions.
1. AA degree.
2. Experience working with other professionals such as counselors, social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists as resources for planning and delivery of specially designed programs.
3. Training and/or experience in non-Functional Behavior Analysis.
4. Training and/or experience in implementation of Positive Behavior Supports.
5. Experience in non-aversive behavior crisis prevention and intervention.
To apply, please send your resume to Kim Heldman at Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-837-1511.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled