Soliant Health’s Bilingual Therapies Division Announces 14th
Annual Bilingual Symposium for Speech-Language Pathologists
Registrations now open for the 2014 Bilingual Symposium in New Orleans, Louisiana
April 23, 2014
Atlanta, GA (April 23, 2014) - Soliant Health, a leading specialty healthcare staffing provider and part of Adecco Group, announced today that its Bilingual Therapies unit will be hosting the 14th annual Bilingual Symposium in New Orleans, LA from July 17-20,2014.
The Bilingual Symposium unites practicing bilingual and monolingual speech-language pathologists (SLPs) in a three-day event that explores topics surrounding language diversity in schools. As the only American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)-approved CE provider conference of its kind, it focuses solely on how bilingual and monolingual SLPs can better serve the needs of bilingual children.
The Symposium features multiple sessions conducted by renowned speech-language professionals in small and interactive learning spaces. This year’s agenda will feature sessions in the following language diversity topics:
- Keynote: Cultural Sensitivity and Practice: Aiming for the Right Balance
- Cultural Considerations in Dysphagia Practice: Getting the Right Mix
- “Informal” Assessment for Bilingual Clients and Use of Systematic Analysis of Language Transcripts (SALT)
- Common Core State Standards (CCSS): Instructional Practice Implications for English Learners
- Bilingual Development in Children on the Autism Spectrum from Minority-Language Families: Current Research and Implications for Clinical Practice
- Workshop: The Role of Bilingual Clinicians in Educating Related Professionals and Families
Aside from informational sessions and networking opportunities with fellow SLPs, the Bilingual Symposium also provides up to 1.1 ASHA CEUs for each attendee. The event will be hosted at the luxurious Hilton St. Charles hotel located in the heart of New Orleans. Registrations are now being accepted at the Bilingual Symposium website until June 1, 2014.
Bilingual Therapies is a leading provider of bilingual speech-language pathology, offering bilingual speech therapists to schools in diverse communities across North America. For more information about Bilingual Therapies and the Bilingual Symposium, please visit http://www.bilingualsymposium.com.
For more information about Soliant Health, visit soliant.com.
About Soliant Health
Soliant Health, an Adecco Group company, is one of the largest healthcare staffing companies in the country. Soliant Health connects hospitals and healthcare providers with highly qualified, full- or part-time healthcare professionals in a variety of specialized disciplines. Soliant's teams of professionals are qualified to fill physician, nursing, therapy, pharmacy and other healthcare positions.