Category Schools - LPN Nurse
Job Type Contract
Soliant is currently seeking a dedicated and compassionate Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our educational team for the 2023/2024 school year. This position entails providing one-on-one nursing care to a specific student within a school setting. As a contracted LPN, you will play a crucial role in supporting the student's health needs, ensuring a safe and inclusive learning environment. If you have a passion for working with children and possess excellent nursing skills, we encourage you to apply.
- Provide one-on-one nursing care to a specific student with special healthcare needs in a school environment.
- Administer medications, treatments, and other medical interventions according to the student's care plan and physician's orders.
- Monitor and assess the student's vital signs, physical condition, and overall health throughout the school day.
- Collaborate with the student's parents/guardians, healthcare team, and school staff to ensure effective communication and continuity of care.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individualized healthcare plans for the student.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records, including documentation of assessments, interventions, and communications.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to medical emergencies or health-related incidents within the school premises.
- Educate school staff and students about the student's health condition, fostering a supportive and inclusive environment.
- Adhere to all legal, ethical, and professional standards of nursing practice.
- Current LPN licensure in Ohio.
- Prior experience working as an LPN in a pediatric or school setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of common pediatric health conditions, medications, and medical interventions.
- Strong assessment and critical-thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, parents, and the healthcare team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and ensure privacy of student health information.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the student and the school environment.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Commitment to providing high-quality healthcare services to students.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. We appreciate your understanding and interest in our organization
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement