A school district near Phoenix, AZ is looking for a School Counselor for the next school year!
The District Counselor is a content expert, instructional leader, and professional development instructor for the counseling department. The District Counselor is flexible and adaptable with a high degree of organization, facilitation, and management.
- Appropriately certified in designated content area
- Master’s degree in school counseling
- Knowledge of SEL competencies and evidence-based strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge school counseling comprehensive models
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experiences
Core Job Functions:
- Utilize counseling content and instructional expertise along with leadership skills and experience to support the District Department macro level programming goals
- Keep up to date with current evidence-based research, curriculum development, and instructional strategies for school counselors
- Research and implement supports for the development of social-emotional curriculum lesson
- Facilitate communication and staffing of cases between the school counselors, the Department of Counseling, and District /site personnel as needed.
- Support school counselors in site and district level prevention, intervention and postvention implementation.
- Serve as a liaison for community agencies, as well as state and national organizations and other stakeholders to develop and execute programming, create systems for seamless referrals and resource practices.
- Serve as a liaison for nonprofit and community organizations to develop and execute programming, create systems for seamless referrals and resource practices.
- Develop and facilitate professional development courses based on student achievement gaps, needs, site and district goals
- Create content used to develop needs assessment to support school sites.
- Consult and collaborate to work effectively with site leadership and site school counselors to create data driven programming to address the whole child with a focus on marginalized students.
- Model evidence-based practices for tier 1, 2, 3 strategies.
- Disaggregate and analyze assessment data and assist in the interpretation of the data to support achievement gaps, and increase access to educational programming
- Create and develop content to address staff wellness education and training to improve retention.
- Identify, assess, and construct district level parent programming to meet the needs of regional areas in the community.
- Assist in expanding and using best practices with the use of technology resources to maintain ethical standards of record keeping.
- Serve as leads on crisis, and mandatory reporting teams.
- Serve as a consultant on threat assessment interventions and support.
- Perform other duties relating to general job function as assigned by supervisor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement