Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) - Full-Time Position in Pittsfield, MA
Job Summary: We are seeking a dedicated and qualified Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) to join our team for the 2023-2024 school year in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. As an SLPA, you will play a crucial role in supporting the speech and language needs of students within our educational setting. This is a full-time position with competitive pay and excellent benefits, including vision, medical, and dental options. We also provide advisory support, professional development opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
- Collaborate with licensed Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) to assist in the implementation of individualized treatment plans for students with communication disorders.
- Support students in improving their speech, language, and communication skills through various therapeutic activities and interventions.
- Work closely with teachers, parents, and other members of the educational team to ensure coordinated care and effective communication strategies.
- Document student progress, maintain accurate records, and assist with report writing as required.
- Participate in team meetings, IEP (Individualized Education Program) meetings, and professional development activities to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Speech-Language Pathology Assistant program or related field.
- Certification as a Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) or eligibility for SLPA certification in Massachusetts.
- Experience working with children or adolescents in an educational or clinical setting.
- Familiarity with a variety of speech and language disorders and intervention techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and capable of managing multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of students and adjust therapeutic strategies accordingly.
Application Process: To apply for this position, please email your resume and references here.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement