We are urgently seeking an New Jersey licensed clinical pharmacist ready to join our team of highly qualified specialists who prioritize patient care, as we work to support patients through their treatments and enable them to get back to their daily lives. This is an overnight, 13-weeks contract position, for 7 days on and 7 days off. The ideal candidate would be patient-centered, available to start in the beginning of March, and capable of working overnight positions. Candidate MUST have 3-5 years’ recent experience working in a hospital pharmacy. For immediate consideration, contact: [email protected] or call (281) 848-7414.
Start date: 03/06/2023
End date: 07/01/2023
Schedule: 7 days on 7 days off; 9pm-8:30am/10pm-9:30am
Salary: $80-$85 an hour; willing to consider experience when negotiating compensation package (Fulltime candidates are eligible for benefits)
- Reviews medications and patient medication profiles for possible interactions.
- Evaluates medication orders for appropriateness, including dosage, route, frequency, effectiveness, and cost.
- Checks for medication over/under utilization.
- Conducts medication history reviews, monitoring patient medicine profiles to ensure appropriateness based on factors such as age, indication for use, elimination parameters and other clinically relevant lab results.
- Adheres to formulary management principles, published guidelines, and approved protocols.
- Dispenses medications.
- Enters, verifies, compounds, and dispenses medications and IV's.
- Verifies accuracy of product preparation, compounding, and labeling to comply with current standards, laws, and hospital policy.
- Evaluates compatibilities between medications, IV solutions, and parenteral nutrition.
- May program and maintain pump technology and medication delivery devices.
- May oversee provision of and compatibility of supplies and equipment.
- Provides counseling and consultation.
- Provides medication education and patient care service.
- Provides direction, support, and training to Pharmacy team.
- Active NJ Pharmacist License
- Must have at least 3-5 years’ recent experience working in an inpatient/hospital pharmacy (NOT accepting retail experience).
- Epic/Omnicell experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement