Soliant Schools is working closely with a school in the Mathis, Texas area that is looking for an educational American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter to join their education team. The ideal candidate is skilled in a variety of modes of sign language and is comfortable with students in grades K-12. The director encourages and welcomes new graduates to apply. They are looking to interview and hire quickly!
- BEI or RID certification is Required
- Two years of experience interpreting for the deaf or hard of hearing, preferably in an educational setting, is desired.
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in Sign Language. EIPA score.
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
The employee directs any concerns regarding job function or student performance to the appropriate staff members. Under the supervision of a general education and/or special education teacher, the Sign Language Interpreter functions in a support position working with Deaf/Hard of Hearing students. The employee reports to the teacher of the deaf and hard of hearing and the Director of Special Education.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, reach out to Jessica by sending her your updated professional resume and 2-3 times that work best for a preliminary phone interview. ([email protected])
- Meets with teacher and deaf student(s) prior to first class for introduction and gives an explanation of the role of interpreter.
- Stands in a place that provides the best distance, lighting, background and angle for student viewing. Consults with teachers and students regarding this.
- Guards confidentiality in accordance with Registry Of Interpreters For The Deaf Code Of Ethics.
- Reports to general education class on time.
- Interprets lecture material accurately.
- Voice interprets student responses accurately.
- Directs student questions to the teacher and teacher questions to the student.
- Additional Duties as assigned
- Full-time Position (35 guaranteed hours per week, Monday-Friday)
- Onsite Position (W2 Contracting)
- Caseload: K-12 openings
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match
For more information on this position, contact Jessica Williams [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement