Soliant, a trusted healthcare staffing agency, is currently seeking a dedicated and passionate Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) for a rewarding full-time opportunity within a school district near Parksley, VA. This role provides the opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of students and collaborate with an experienced team of professionals. Join us in helping students reach their full potential in an educational environment.
- Start/End Dates: ASAP – End of School Year (EOSY)
- Hours: Full-time
- Work closely with students in a school-based setting, assisting them in developing and achieving occupational therapy goals.
- Implement therapeutic interventions and activities, tailored to individual student needs, under the guidance of a licensed Occupational Therapist.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team, including teachers, speech therapists, and special education professionals, to develop and implement effective treatment plans.
- Conduct assessments, track student progress, and maintain accurate records to support Individualized Education Program (IEP) development.
- Foster a supportive and inclusive classroom environment, promoting student independence and skill development.
- Provide training and guidance to parents and caregivers to facilitate the continuation of therapy goals outside of the school setting.
- Stay current with best practices in occupational therapy, attending professional development opportunities and workshops as necessary.
- Current certification as a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA).
- Previous experience in a school-based or pediatric setting is preferred but not required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, parents, teachers, and fellow team members.
- Ability to adapt to diverse student needs and learning styles, demonstrating flexibility and creativity in therapeutic approaches.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to manage caseloads and documentation efficiently.
- Dedication to the well-being and development of students with disabilities.
Feel free to contact me at [email protected] with any questions regarding this position, or any other positions you see on the Soliant Health website.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement