We are seeking a compassionate and qualified Certified School Nurse to join our educational institution. As a Certified School Nurse, you will play a vital role in promoting and maintaining the health and well-being of our students, ensuring a safe and nurturing environment for optimal learning. Your primary responsibility will be to provide comprehensive health services, manage medical emergencies, and collaborate with educators, parents, and healthcare professionals to support the overall health of our school community.
- Assess and address the healthcare needs of students, including conducting health screenings, administering medications, and providing treatment for minor illnesses and injuries.
- Develop and implement individualized healthcare plans (IHPs) for students with chronic health conditions, ensuring their safety, accessibility, and compliance with relevant regulations and policies.
- Monitor and manage immunization records, ensuring compliance with state and local requirements.
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide immediate care, including CPR and first aid, in accordance with established protocols and guidelines.
- Educate students, parents, and staff on health-related topics, such as nutrition, hygiene, and disease prevention, promoting healthy habits and wellness.
- Collaborate with teachers, counselors, and administrators to address health-related concerns impacting student performance and create a supportive environment for students with special healthcare needs.
- Maintain accurate and confidential health records for students, documenting assessments, interventions, and referrals in accordance with legal and ethical standards.
- Establish effective communication channels with parents and healthcare providers to ensure continuity of care and facilitate necessary medical interventions.
- Stay updated on current healthcare practices and regulatory requirements, participating in professional development activities to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Adhere to ethical and professional standards, maintaining confidentiality, respect, and cultural sensitivity in all interactions with students, families, and staff.
- Current certification as a Registered Nurse (RN) and additional certification as a School Nurse (CSN) from an accredited institution.
- Experience working as a school nurse or in pediatric healthcare settings is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of child and adolescent health, common illnesses, and emergency procedures.
- Proficient in administering medications, conducting health assessments, and managing health records.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with students, parents, and multidisciplinary teams.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management abilities to prioritize tasks and handle multiple responsibilities efficiently.
- Understanding of legal and ethical considerations related to student health and confidentiality.
- CPR and First Aid certification is required.
- Familiarity with electronic health record (EHR) systems and basic computer skills.
Join our team and make a positive impact on the well-being of our students, ensuring their health and safety while fostering an optimal learning environment.
- Competitive hourly rates
- Weekly pay
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
For more information on our openings, please contact Cooper Weber at (678)-459-1147 or [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement