Category Schools - Sign Language Interpreter
Job Type Contract
Sign Language Interpreter is one who facilitates communication among deaf and hearing persons in an educational environment through the use of techniques developed for communication between deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing persons. The interpreter is a member of the educational team, serving staff as well as students, hearing as well as deaf people, by minimizing linguistic, cultural and physical barriers.
*This is an ESY contract assignment
Dates: 6/12 - 7/20
- Location: Lake Zurich, IL
- Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8am-12pm
- K-5 students
- Hourly pay: starting at $30
- Demonstrate and understand the educational process of interpreting by receiving training specific to job needs.
- To assist students who are deaf or hard of hearing and perform other related duties which benefit the students.
- Demonstrate professionalism in all interactions with individuals unfamiliar with the educational setting.
- Interpret auditory and signed information which includes environmental sounds, teacher instruction, student questions, and peer communication as described in Code of Ethics for Educational Interpreters.
- Musts have EIPA score of at least 3.5
- School experience preferred
Get paid every Friday and make a positive change in a young student's life.
Connect with Lindsey for immediate consideration!
770-882-2045 Call or Text
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement