We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Critical Care Pharmacist to join our esteemed medical center located in the dynamic Permian Basin region of Texas. This is a full-time position with a fixed schedule from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. As a Critical Care Pharmacist, you will play a pivotal role in providing specialized pharmaceutical care to critically ill patients, working collaboratively with healthcare professionals to optimize medication therapy and ensure exceptional patient outcomes. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented pharmacist with a passion for critical care to contribute to the success of our healthcare team.
- Collaborate closely with physicians, intensivists, and interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement patient-specific pharmacotherapeutic plans for critically ill patients.
- Conduct comprehensive medication reviews, assess drug interactions, and provide evidence-based recommendations for optimal drug therapy in critical care settings.
- Interpret and evaluate physician orders, dispense medications accurately, and provide thorough patient counseling regarding medication use, potential side effects, and drug interactions.
- Monitor patients' response to therapy, identify and manage medication-related problems, and make necessary adjustments to ensure optimal treatment outcomes.
- Participate actively in critical care rounding, providing pharmacotherapy expertise and recommendations.
- Contribute to critical care protocols, guidelines, and initiatives related to medication management and safety.
- Stay current with the latest advancements in critical care pharmacotherapy, including sedation, pain management, vasopressors, and nutrition support.
- Educate healthcare professionals and patients on critical care medication management, including drug administration, dosage adjustments, and potential adverse effects.
- Maintain accurate and detailed patient records, actively participate in quality improvement initiatives, and adhere to all regulatory requirements.
- Possess and maintain an active State of Texas pharmacist license.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Completion of a residency program with a focus on critical care pharmacy is preferred.
- Current and unrestricted pharmacist license in the State of Texas.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working as a pharmacist in a clinical or hospital setting, with a specific focus on critical care.
- Strong knowledge of critical care pharmacotherapy, including sedation, analgesia, vasoactive agents, and mechanical ventilation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with healthcare professionals and patients.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to make sound decisions in high-pressure situations.
- Proficiency in utilizing electronic medical records (EMR) and pharmacy software systems.
How to Apply:
If you meet the qualifications outlined above and are eager to contribute to our dynamic team, please submit your updated resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to [email protected] . Kindly indicate "Critical Care Pharmacist Application" in the subject line of the email. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further steps in the selection process.
Note: This is a direct hire position, and relocation assistance is not provided. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement