Deaf and Hard of Hearing position available near Champaign, IL
Soliant Schools is searching for an experienced Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing for a contract position near Champaign, IL. They are looking for an Experienced Deaf Education Teacher to add to their team, however, new graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply. This is a full time position providing itinerant services to a K-12 case load.
The Teacher, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program teaches individuals with hearing disabilities, providing a program and instruction to promote cognitive, academic, communication and language, behavioral and social, and physical development. You will provide educational support to students within the district who are deaf or hearing impaired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and records monthly work schedule in electronic calendar (Outlook) at least 30 days in advance and records any changes as they occur to ensure accurate IEP scheduling.
- Acts as case manager for students enrolled in his/her case load which includes but is not limited to:
- Prepares future Individualized Education Plan (IEP) forms utilizing web-based IEP system.
- Receives and distributes reports for service provider unable to attend IEP.
- Notifies administrator and/or staff regarding student information or assessment plans.
- Cochairs each IEP following a prescribed format; completes web-based IEP paperwork within prescribed time period;
- Ensures a copy of delivery of the signed IEP to administrator.
- Diagnoses and programs instruction for individual learners.
- Plans, administers, and interprets student evaluations.
- Prepares written reports as required.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with parents, guardians, and significant others.
- Participates in professional growth activities such as conferences, classes, staff meetings and visitations.
- Meets with parents on a regular basis to review student progress and works on individual education-related needs.
- Works closely with other members of the program staff to develop and maintain curriculum and standards.
- Participates in transition plans for students moving to other environments.
- Works cooperatively with personnel from the student's district of residence and/or outside agencies providing service to the student and family.
- 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours per day), Monday- Friday
- Bell schedule is determined by school district
- Illinois Deaf Education License
- Preferred: Previous experience working as a Teacher of the Deaf in a public school
- Master’s degree or higher in a related field
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Weekly compensation
- Direct deposit
Candidates who meet requirements will be considered. Send an updated resume with references to [email protected] or call 470-482-6533 after applying. For more information on Soliant or the positions available, please call the number above.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement