Category Schools - Deaf / Hard of Hearing Specialist
Job Type Contract
Position: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher (DHHT)
School Year: 2023-2024
Location: Bluffton, SC
Additional Locations: Hilton Head Campus (Other location openings may be available)
Responsibilities of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing specialized instruction and support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Developing and implementing individualized education plans (IEPs) for students.
- Assessing students' educational needs and progress, and adjusting instruction accordingly.
- Collaborating with other educators, parents, and related service providers to ensure a comprehensive and inclusive educational experience for students.
- Utilizing appropriate instructional strategies, materials, and technologies to support students' learning and communication needs.
- Promoting the development of language, communication, literacy, and social skills in students.
- Providing support and guidance to general education teachers regarding accommodations and modifications for students with hearing loss.
- Advocating for the needs of students with hearing loss and facilitating their access to necessary resources and services.
- Keeping abreast of current research, best practices, and technological advancements related to deaf education.
Please note that specific details about the Hilton Head Campus and any other location openings may be provided by the respective schools or program administrators during the hiring process.
If you are interested or would like more details, please email Ericka Hughes or call 678-327-0985.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement