Educational Sign Language Interpreter - New Orleans, LA (2023/2024 school-year)
New Orleans, LA 12 days agoApply Now
Educational Sign Language Interpreter (Middle School)
Are you passionate about empowering students with hearing impairments and ensuring their educational success? Soliant is working with a partner school in New Orleans, LA to hire a skilled and dedicated Educational Sign Language Interpreter for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Provide sign language interpretation services to a student with hearing impairments in a middle school setting.
- Facilitate effective communication between students, teachers, and staff by interpreting spoken language into American Sign Language (ASL) and vice versa.
- Assist students with understanding and comprehending classroom lectures, discussions, assignments, and other educational materials.
- Collaborate with teachers and other support staff to develop strategies and accommodations that promote the inclusion and participation of students with hearing impairments.
- Maintain accurate records of interpretation services provided, student progress, and other relevant data.
- Foster a supportive and inclusive environment for students with hearing impairments, promoting their social and emotional well-being.
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) and a thorough understanding of deaf culture.
- Certification as an Educational Sign Language Interpreter or 3.0 or higher EIPA score.
- Experience working with middle school students or a similar age group is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish rapport with students, teachers, and parents.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities to handle multiple assignments and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Sensitivity and adaptability to meet the unique needs and learning styles of students with hearing impairments.
- A commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
Positions follow the school calendar schedule.
Competitive and negotiable hourly rate will be determined based on experience of applicant, as well as school budget. Applicant will not be paid when school is closed.
W2 contracted position for the 2023/2024 school year. Contract renewals for the following school-year are available for a good fit.
Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental and 401k with employer match) are available.
For questions please contact Kateryna Kourliak at Soliant Education:
Email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement