Educational Sign Language Interpreter - Norman, Oklahoma (23/24 school year)
Norman, OK 14 days agoApply Now
Educational Sign Language Interpreter
Are you passionate about empowering students with hearing impairments and ensuring their educational success? Soliant is working with a partner school in the Norman, Oklahoma area to hire a skilled and dedicated Educational Sign Language Interpreter for the 2023-2024 school year. Several openings available, both full and part-time needs are available! Middle and highschool openings available.
- Provide sign language interpretation services to a student with hearing impairments in a kindergarten setting
- Facilitate effective communication between students, teachers, and staff by interpreting spoken language into American Sign Language (ASL) and vice versa.
- Assist students with understanding and comprehending classroom lectures, discussions, assignments, and other educational materials.
- Collaborate with teachers and other support staff to develop strategies and accommodations that promote the inclusion and participation of students with hearing impairments.
- Maintain accurate records of interpretation services provided, student progress, and other relevant data.
- Foster a supportive and inclusive environment for students with hearing impairments, promoting their social and emotional well-being.
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) and a thorough understanding of deaf culture.
- Must have EIPA score of 3.5 or QAST level 3 for educational interpreting.
- Experience working with middle school students or a similar age group is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish rapport with students, teachers, and parents.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities to handle multiple assignments and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Sensitivity and adaptability to meet the unique needs and learning styles of students with hearing impairments.
- A commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
Position follows the school calendar schedule.
- Full time or part-time openings available
Competitive and negotiable hourly rate will be determined based on experience of applicant, as well as school budget. Applicant will not be paid when school is closed for breaks, holidays, etc.
W2 contracted position for the 2023/2024 school year. Contract renewals for the following school-year are available for a good fit.
Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental and 401k with employer match) are available.
For questions please contact Kateryna Kourliak at Soliant Education:
Email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement