Soliant is seeking full time Sign Language Interpreters for the 2023/2024 school year. As a contracted interpreter, you will provide essential support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing, ensuring their access to education and fostering an inclusive learning environment.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and familiarity with Deaf culture.
- Proficiency in spoken English to effectively interpret between spoken language and ASL.
- Certification as a sign language interpreter (EIPA Score of 4.0) is required.
- Experience working as a sign language interpreter in an educational setting preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish rapport with students, teachers, and staff.
- Sensitivity and patience when working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Commitment to maintaining professionalism and confidentiality.
- Provide interpretation and transliteration services between spoken language and American Sign Language (ASL) in classroom settings, meetings, assemblies, and other school-related activities.
- Assist students who are deaf or hard of hearing in understanding and communicating information presented in a spoken language.
- Adapt instructional materials to ensure accessibility for students with hearing impairments.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and other educational professionals to support students' academic and social needs.
- Help facilitate communication and interaction between students with hearing impairments and their hearing peers.
- Assist in maintaining accurate records of interpreting services provided and student progress.
- Stay updated on current practices and developments in the field of sign language interpreting and deaf education.
- Respect and maintain student confidentiality at all times.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match
If you meet the qualifications and are excited about this opportunity to make a positive impact on students' lives, please apply with your resume or email the recruiter, Catherine, at [email protected].
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement