Calling on Speech-Language Pathologists (Clinical Fellows too!) who want to work with elementary school students in the area of Espanola, NM! Soliant is working with a local school district and is seeking a contract SLP for the remainder of the school year.
Located about 25 miles from Santa Fe, NM, Espanola occupies a charming, mountainous corner of the south west. This is a great city for free-spirited SLPs who love the mix of arts and history in Santa Fe, or who love being close to great trails for the outdoor life! In addition to the opportunity to work with a lovely school district, SLPs will get to work with a very manageable caseload of 25-30 students.
Scope of duties include:
- Assessing students referred for possible speech and language needs.
- Providing individual and/or group therapy sessions for students with identified speech and language disorders.
- Developing individualized education plans and presenting them to parents, school administrators, and others involved with student evaluations.
- Consulting with teachers, counselors, parents, nurses, and administrators on speech and language concerns.
- Maintaining accurate records for all students on the caseload.
- Providing reports of a student’s progress to parents.
- Organizing student caseload and developing a schedule for each assigned school.
- Developing resource materials for use in speech and language development.
We seek candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication
- Solid organization
- Up-to-date knowledge of Nevada Special Education procedures and best practices for SLPs in school settings
- Professionalism and accountability
- New Mexico SLP license
- PED (Public Education Department)
Sound like a good opportunity? Apply today by using the form below, or contact Monica Guu with questions at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement