Fayetteville, NC: School Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA)
Fayetteville, NC 21 days agoApply Now
Soliant has partnered with a school in Fayetteville, NC, and is seeking a contract Speech Pathology Assistant (SLPA) for this school year.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Speech Language Pathology, or Communications Disorders
- Completion of coursework on Speech Assisting (curriculum developed by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges)
- Passing score on either the North Carolina SLP Assistant Examination, or ASHA's Assistant Certification
- North Carolina SLPA license
This is a sizeable school district serving about 48,000 students from preschool to high school. Caseload assignments will be made based on District's needs--more information about the speech team, and the caseload, will be shared in a direct interview with administrators.
As a school-based SLPA, the candidate will:
- Implement treatment plans as directed by speech-language pathologists.
- Document students' progress toward communication skills, as outlined in their Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Collect data as a measure of student progress
- Perform support duties, such as preparing materials, keeping records, maintaining supplies, and scheduling activities.
- Assist speech-language pathologists in the remediation or development of speech and language skills.
Select or prepare speech-language instructional materials.
- Assist speech-language pathologists in the conduct of student screenings or assessments of language, voice, fluency, articulation, or hearing.
- Prepare charts, graphs, or other visual displays to communicate information on student goals
- Test or maintain equipment to ensure correct performance.
We seek applicants with the following competencies:
- Solid organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage their time
- Flexibility and a solution-oriented outlook
- Ability to foster a collegial learning environment for students and staff
- Ability to work independently and manage a fast pace of work
As an Agency with 15 years of experience in education staffing, Soliant takes pride in connecting with job seekers, building relationships, and helping candidates land positions that provide job satisfaction and work-life balance.
Interested in the next step of your professional journey? Submit your resume using the form below, or contact Monica Guu with inquiries at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement