Urgently seeking a NY licensed Inpatient/IV Pharmacist ready to join our team of highly qualified specialists who prioritize patient care, as we work to support patients through their treatments and enable them to get back to their daily lives. This is a Temp-to-Hire position; Monday through Friday; 8am-5:30pm. The ideal candidate would be patient-centered, and available to start ASAP. For immediate consideration, contact: [email protected] or call (281) 848-7414.
Start date: ASAP
Schedule: M-F; 8am-5:30pm
Salary: $65-$70 an hour; willing to consider experience when negotiating compensation package (Fulltime candidates are eligible for benefits)
- Reviews medications and patient medication profiles for possible interactions.
- Evaluates medication orders for appropriateness, including dosage, route, frequency, effectiveness, and cost.
- Checks for medication over/under utilization.
- Conducts medication history reviews, monitoring patient medicine profiles to ensure appropriateness based on factors such as age, indication for use, elimination parameters and other clinically relevant lab results.
- Adheres to formulary management principles, published guidelines, and approved protocols.
- Dispenses medications.
- Enters, verifies, compounds, and dispenses medications and IV's.
- Verifies accuracy of product preparation, compounding, and labeling to comply with current standards, laws, and hospital policy.
- Evaluates compatibilities between medications, IV solutions, and parenteral nutrition.
- May program and maintain pump technology and medication delivery devices.
- May oversee provision of and compatibility of supplies and equipment.
- Provides counseling and consultation.
- Provides medication education and patient care service.
- Provides direction, support, and training to Pharmacy team.
- Active New York Pharmacist License
- Must have at least one-year recent experience working in an inpatient/hospital pharmacy (NOT accepting retail experience).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement