Full Time Special Education Teacher 23-24 (SPED) - Oxon Hill, Maryland
Oxon Hill, MD 21 days agoApply Now
Soliant Health is currently seeking a dedicated and passionate Special Education Teacher to join our team in the Oxon Hill, MD area. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in a school setting and make a positive impact on the lives of students ranging from birth to 3. We are looking for individuals who are committed to providing exceptional educational services.
- Provide intervention and service coordination for students birth-3 years old and their families.
- Develop and implement Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSP).
- Coordinate services and act as a resource for children and families.
- Educate children and families about various developmental topics and provide support or training on how to meet the individual needs of the child and family.
- Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust plan to achieve maximum benefit.
- Identify and document outcomes and strategies, anticipated progress, and plans for re-evaluation.
- Attend staff meetings, in-service education and other professional meetings as required.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law, Board Policy and Administrative Regulation.
- Communicate effectively with team members and parents.
- Participate in professional development relative to special education and specific professional developments related to research based reading and math interventions.
- Improve skill and knowledge base in current trends, research and methodology in instructional techniques, technology, multi-cultural content, and interdisciplinary connections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide differentiated instructional techniques that inspire, motivate and meet the individual educational needs of all students.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture an atmosphere and educational environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of all students.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of strategies in monitoring and evaluating student performance and developing and implementing plans to improve student performance.
- Demonstrated ability in integrating technology into curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, parents, colleagues, administrators, office staff and other members of the school community.
- Familiarity with "best practices" in the field of Early Intervention.
If you are passionate about special education and interested in this position, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible to be considered. Should you have any inquiries regarding this role or other available positions on the Soliant Health website, please feel free to contact me.
Account Executive | Soliant Health
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement