High School Resource Special Education need near Kent
Soliant Schools is working with a school in the Kent, Washington area that is looking to add a High School Special Education teacher to their team. We are working with a school that is looking for experienced teachers with outstanding academic backgrounds to work with our school teams. If you are interested in this position, or similar positions, apply today!
- Valid Washington State teaching certificate with endorsements in K-12 Special Education.
- Must be endorsed in Math, English/Language Arts and/or Reading prior to the beginning of the school year
- Master’s in Special Education desirable
- Proof of U. S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
The teacher is responsible for instructing students on such a level as to allow the students to obtain proficiency in their content areas. The teacher must be qualified to teach Special Education in the state of Washington and be highly qualified to teach students in grades 9th – 12th in the LRCII Special Education program.
- Provide instruction including assessment, instruction, and evaluation of students assigned to the center-based classroom.
- Design and implement IEP goals and objectives and identify data collection and management procedures.
- Work with a variety of disability categories, including students with autism and behavioral needs.
- Assist in the development of curriculum appropriate to the needs of student with moderate to severe disabilities and in classroom management techniques.
- Provide high-quality, project/problem-based lesson development and delivery that connect to the real world.
- Plan, implement, schedule in conjunction with other staff members, and evaluate classroom instructional activities consistent with building and adopted district curriculum.
- Work with staff specialists in assessing, planning and implementing instruction.
- Diagnose and prescribe learning and training programs for individual students based on individual assessments to include needs, interests, abilities and learning styles.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis, provide progress reports as required, and effectively communicate with parents.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by district, state and administrative regulation.
- Participate in appropriate professional development opportunities which reflect best practices in Special Education.
- Participate in building and/or district committees as needed or requested.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the school administrator.
If this position sounds like a good match for you, send an updated professional resume to Jessica Williams ([email protected])
- Full-time Position (35 hours a week, Monday-Friday)
- Onsite, W2 contracting position
- Caseload: High School School (9-12th), Resource Classroom
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match
For more information on this position, contact Jessica Williams by sending her an email [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement