Job Description: We are seeking an experienced Orientation and Mobility Specialist for a short-term assignment in Archbald, PA. The assignment will span three weeks, specifically on July 10th, July 24th, and July 31st. As an Orientation and Mobility Specialist, you will work with a caseload of 7 students, providing 30 minutes of instruction per week to each student. This position requires prior experience in school settings and the ability to comfortably work within a short-term assignment.
- Provide orientation and mobility instruction to students with visual impairments.
- Assess students' abilities to travel independently within their environment.
- Develop individualized instruction plans based on students' needs and goals.
- Teach students skills such as spatial awareness, route planning, and the use of mobility aids.
- Collaborate with other members of the educational team to support students' needs.
- Maintain accurate documentation of student progress and instructional activities.
- Active license and certifications in Orientation and Mobility in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Previous experience working in schools as an Orientation and Mobility Specialist.
- Familiarity with assessment tools and techniques for orientation and mobility.
- Comfortable working in a short-term assignment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with the educational team.
- Must provide or obtain Pennsylvania clearances.
- Willingness to participate in a Zoom interview process.
If you are a qualified and dedicated Orientation and Mobility Specialist looking for a short-term assignment to support students' independence and mobility skills, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any supporting documentation. Zoom interviews will be conducted for the selection process.
Office: (678) 451-1025
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement