Category Pharmacy-Director of Pharmacy
Job Type Permanent
Soliant Health is seeking a Director of Pharmacy for our growing team in Louisiana.
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures that promote cost-effective, appropriate, and safe medication use.
- Develops and maintains a medical staff-approved formulary.
- Supervises medication storage and preparation areas throughout the facility.
- Provides for the educational needs of health care professionals, patients, and their families.
- Ensures maintenance of an adequate medication supply.
- Ensures the integrity of the medication supply.
- Establishes specifications for the procurement of medications, chemicals, and biologicals.
- Ensures strict control and accountability for medications dispensed to patients or distributed to floor stock.
- Assures adequate control and documentation of controlled substances.
- Ensures applicable continuing education records and licensure are maintained in department files.
- Supervises all pharmacy personnel and recruits, interviews, promotes, disciplines, and terminates pharmacy staff.
- Develops job descriptions and performance standards. Evaluates and counsels staff on their performance.
- Prepares work schedules and monitors workload statistics. Maintains an appropriate staffing level.
- Provides for the educational needs of the pharmacy staff.
- Prepares a pharmacy budget annually.
- Reviews monthly financial statistics and plans expenditures within budget guidelines.
- Monitors and justifies all expenses exceeding budgeted targets.
- Ensures preparation and submission of patient charges and financial reports to administration in accordance with policy.
- Administers reports, documents, payroll records, statistical surveys, and other required data.
- Ensures compliance with health system policies and procedures that apply to pharmacy services. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy required PharmD preferred
- Must be a licensed Pharmacist and eligible for licensure
- 1+ years hospital experience with 2+ years in a management position required
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and resolve customer/employee problems or conflicts to meet the needs of external and internal customers
- Ability to develop, implement and lead all aspects of pharmacy operation
- Licensure in other states preferred
- In-patient hospital pharmacy experience is required
- Computer savvy to learn and perform successful operation of multiple pharmacy information systems.
- Ability to hear, write, and speak clearly in order to communicate with customers and health care professionals
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership skills
- Strong customer orientation and negotiation skills
- Pressure to perform in emergency situations
- Overall decision making responsibility
- Ability to work on call or be in an on call rotation.
Housing reimbursement, tax-free meal stipends, auto allowance, travel allowance, medical benefits and PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement