We are currently seeking a talented and dedicated Infectious Disease Pharmacist to join our esteemed medical center in the vibrant Permian Basin region of Texas. This is a full-time position with a fixed schedule from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. As an Infectious Disease Pharmacist, you will play a critical role in providing specialized pharmaceutical care to patients with infectious diseases, collaborating with healthcare professionals to optimize medication therapy and ensure exceptional patient outcomes. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled pharmacist with residency training in infectious diseases to make a significant impact in a thriving healthcare environment.
- Collaborate closely with physicians, infectious disease specialists, and other healthcare professionals to optimize medication therapy for patients with infectious diseases.
- Conduct comprehensive medication reviews, assess drug interactions, and provide evidence-based recommendations for appropriate drug therapy.
- Interpret and evaluate physician orders, dispense medications accurately, and provide thorough patient counseling regarding medication use, potential side effects, and drug interactions.
- Monitor patients' response to therapy, identify and manage medication-related problems, and make necessary adjustments to ensure optimal treatment outcomes.
- Participate in antimicrobial stewardship programs, including formulary management, antibiotic monitoring, and infection control initiatives.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in infectious disease pharmacotherapy, guidelines, and treatment protocols to provide evidence-based care.
- Educate healthcare professionals and patients on infectious disease management, antibiotic resistance, and infection prevention strategies.
- Maintain accurate and detailed patient records, actively participate in quality improvement initiatives, and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Possess and maintain an active State of Texas pharmacist license.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Completion of a residency program with a focus on infectious diseases is strongly preferred.
- Current and unrestricted pharmacist license in the State of Texas.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working as a pharmacist in a clinical or hospital setting, with a specific focus on infectious diseases.
- Strong knowledge of infectious disease pharmacotherapy, including antimicrobial agents, treatment guidelines, and emerging therapies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with healthcare professionals and patients.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Proficiency in utilizing electronic medical records (EMR) and pharmacy software systems.
How to Apply:
If you meet the qualifications outlined above and are eager to contribute to our dynamic team, please submit your updated resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to [email protected] Kindly indicate "Infectious Disease Pharmacist Application" in the subject line of the email. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further steps in the selection process.
Note: This is a direct hire position, and relocation assistance is not provided. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement