Inpatient/IV Pharmacy Technician for a 13-wk contract in Washington, D.C.
Washington, DC 17 days agoApply Now
We are looking for an inpatient pharmacy technician with IV experience in Washington, D.C. This unique opportunity is available to an inpatient pharmacy technician who can start as soon as possible. Strong IV experience is required, and Cerner/Pyxis experience is a plus. 2+ years Inpatient experience is required, experience with pediatric dosing is highly preferred. PTCB licensure is preferred if you have less than three years’ experience as an inpatient pharmacy technician. For consideration and other inquiries concerning this position please email [email protected] or call (281) 848-7414.
Salary: $1,500 a week (will vary based on local/travel candidates, as well as experience)
Schedule: Mix of days/evening, rotating weekends.
- Filling and dispensing medication,
- Must have IV experience.
- Prepare sterile parenteral medications for home infusion.
- Maintain controlled substance monitoring and inventory.
- Conduct routine audits to monitor for controlled substance diversion.
- Procure medications and pharmacy supplies, and process invoices.
- Monitor inventory and alert managers when unable to purchase sufficient supply.
- Conduct analysis of Automated Dispensing Cabinets Activity to optimize inventory and vend to refill ratio.
- Assist with maintenance of Automated Dispensing Cabinets.
- Prepare medications, parenteral products, and chemotherapy.
- Manage and support automated drug distribution by picking, delivering, and restocking medications, and assisting with returns, waste, and reporting/resolution of discrepancies.
- Repackage and label bulk medications or split tablets into unit dose packaging, which includes creating labels; filling and prepackaging medications, and assigning expiration dates.
- Cerner and Pyxis experience (preferred)
- Must have 2+ years IV/Inpatient experience.
- DC Pharmacy Technician license
- PTCB REQUIRED if you have less than 3-years of inpatient experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement