We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Internal Medicine Pharmacist to join our dynamic medical team at a prestigious medical center located in the Permian Basin region of Texas. This is a full-time position with a fixed schedule from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM. As an Internal Medicine Pharmacist, you will play a crucial role in providing comprehensive pharmaceutical care to our patients, ensuring optimal medication therapy outcomes and patient safety. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented pharmacist looking to make a significant impact on patient care in a thriving healthcare environment.
- Collaborate closely with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to optimize medication therapy for internal medicine patients.
- Conduct thorough medication reviews, assess drug interactions, and provide appropriate drug therapy recommendations.
- Interpret and evaluate physician orders, dispense medications accurately, and provide patient counseling on medication use, side effects, and potential drug interactions.
- Monitor patients' response to therapy, identify and manage medication-related problems, and make necessary adjustments to optimize outcomes.
- Participate in medication education programs for healthcare professionals and patients to enhance understanding of appropriate drug therapy and medication safety.
- Stay updated with current pharmaceutical literature, guidelines, and best practices related to internal medicine to provide evidence-based care.
- Maintain accurate and detailed patient records and participate in quality assurance initiatives.
- Adhere to all state and federal regulations regarding pharmaceutical practices and maintain a valid State of Texas pharmacist license.
- Bachelor's or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Valid and active pharmacist license in the State of Texas.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working as a pharmacist in a clinical or hospital setting, preferably in internal medicine.
- Excellent knowledge of internal medicine pharmacotherapy, including common diseases, medications, and treatment protocols.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with healthcare professionals and patients.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with electronic medical records (EMR) and pharmacy software systems.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are encouraged to submit their updated resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to [email protected] Please indicate "Internal Medicine Pharmacist Application" in the subject line of the email. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further steps in the selection process.
Note: This is a direct hire position, and relocation assistance is not provided. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement