Deaf Education Teacher near Biron Wisconsin
Soliant Schools is searching for an experienced Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing for a contract position near Biron, Wisconsin. They are looking for an Experienced DHH to add to their team, however, new graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply. This is a full time position providing itinerant services to a K-12 case load.
The Teacher, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program teaches individuals with hearing disabilities, providing a program and instruction to promote cognitive, academic, communication and language, behavioral and social, and physical development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as case manager for students enrolled in his/her case load which includes but is not limited to: prepares future Individualized Education Plan (IEP) forms utilizing web based IEP system; receives and distributes reports for service provider unable to attend IEP; notifies administrator and/or staff regarding student information or assessment plans; cochairs each IEP following a prescribed format; completes web based IEP paperwork within prescribed time period; and ensures a copy of delivery of the signed IEP to administrator.
- Plans and records monthly work schedule in electronic calendar (Outlook) at least 30 days in advance and records any changes as they occur to ensure accurate IEP scheduling.
- Diagnoses and programs instruction for individual learners.
- Plans, administers, and interprets student evaluations.
- Prepares written reports as required.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with parents, guardians, and significant others.
- Meets with parents on a regular basis to review student progress and works on individual education-related needs.
- Works closely with other members of the program staff to develop and maintain curriculum and standards.
- Participates in transition plans for students moving to other environments.
- Works cooperatively with personnel from the student's district of residence and/or outside agencies providing service to the student and family.
- Participates in professional growth activities such as conferences, classes, staff meetings and visitations.
- 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours per day), Monday- Friday
- Bell schedule is determined by school district
- Wisconsin Deaf Education License
- Preferred: Previous experience working as a Teacher of the Deaf in a public school
- Master’s degree or higher in a related field
If you would like more information, contact Jessica Williams at (770)557-3222
Apply now to this position or send your resume to [email protected] today to learn about other teaching positions available in your area.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement