Category Pharmacy - Pharmacy Technician - IV Certified
Job Type Contract To Hire
Compounding pharmacy in Houston, Texas is searching for two IV certified pharmacy technicians. The Sterile Pharmacy Technician shall be responsible for mixing, preparing and producing Compounded Sterile Products (CSP), maintaining the sterile compounding area (cleanroom) and following all Company SOP’s under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Perform technical and aseptic manipulations in the ISO 5 laminar hoods.
- Compounds all required types of sterile preparations accurately and in compliance with the batch record.
- Operates all compounding equipment accurately and according to policy and procedure.
- Perform sterile techniques such as injecting active drug into sterile IV bags, filling syringes with medication for injection and pooling vials into sterile empty bags with repeater pump
- Completing batch records for orders using good documentation practices, ensuring drugs and supplies are in data before use.
- Ensure the compounding room and related equipment are cleaned and maintained daily pursuant to the Company’s SOP’s and applicable state and federal regulations
- Proper labeling and packaging finished products
- Completes any other duties designated by the pharmacist and/or supervisor.
- Cooperates with team members to accomplish departmental goals
- Understands and adheres to policies and procedures
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the job, completing all annual competencies and skills validations
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country.
- Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in Texas (TSBP) and/or (CPhT) required
- ACPE Sterile products certification
- IV compounding experience (preferred)
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations as it pertains to 21 CFR 210, 21 CFR 211, and USP standards.
- Able to work a full shift with bunny suit garb and goggles in a sterile environment.
- Able to work weekends and overtime (as required).
Title: Pharmacy Technician
Schedule: 6AM-3PM Monday-Friday
Location: Houston, Texas
Duration: 13 weeks Temp to Hire
To gain access to the most contract and travel opportunities within the pharmacy, contact Soliant today! If interested, please contact me below:
Denise Garcia, Account Executive
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement