- Employment Type: Full-Time (32.5 hours/week)
- Start Date: Immediate - To be determined
- Student Population: Middle School
- Compensation Range: $27-37 per Hour
- Develop and execute individualized education plans (IEPs) tailored to students with special needs.
- Foster a nurturing and inclusive learning atmosphere that encourages student engagement and growth.
- Employ personalized teaching methods and adapt instructional strategies to cater to each student's unique requirements.
- Evaluate and track student progress, recording accomplishments, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Collaborate effectively with fellow educators, specialists, and parents to ensure seamless communication and coordination of services.
- Employ a diverse array of instructional techniques, materials, and resources to enhance student learning and involvement.
- Integrate assistive technology and adaptive tools as necessary to facilitate student participation and independence.
- Monitor and address students' social-emotional development, behavior management, and self-regulation skills.
- Provide ongoing encouragement and assistance to students, recognizing their achievements and nurturing a positive learning environment.
- Certification by the Rhode Island Department of Education is required.
- Possession of a Master's degree in Special Education.
- Valid teaching certification or special education credentials.
- Previous experience working with middle school students with special needs.
- Knowledge of developmental milestones and best practices in middle school special education.
- Familiarity with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and proficiency in their development and implementation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with colleagues, parents, and support staff.
- Demonstrated patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with middle school students who have diverse learning needs.
- Ability to establish a positive, inclusive, and nurturing classroom environment.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage.
- 401k retirement plan with an employer matching contribution.
- Eligible candidates may access tax-free stipends.
To take the next step after submitting your application, please contact Lucy Malone at (678) 459-1104. You can also reach [email protected] for inquiries about this position or other opportunities available on the Soliant website.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement