Middle School SLP: Speech Lang. Pathologist, needed in Hartford, CT
Heartford, CT 8 days agoApply Now
Category Schools - SLP
Job Type Contract
Job Description: We are currently seeking a qualified Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) to join our team. This position is based in Hartford, Connecticut and will involve providing speech and language therapy services to students in grades 5-8. Both full-time and part-time options are available. The school hours are approximately 7:15 am to 3:30 pm, with flexible scheduling options for hours and days.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments to evaluate students' speech, language, and communication abilities.
- Develop individualized treatment plans and goals based on assessment results.
- Provide direct speech and language therapy services to students individually or in small groups.
- Implement evidence-based therapeutic techniques to address students' communication challenges.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals to support students' speech and language development within the classroom setting.
- Monitor and document students' progress, adjusting therapy plans as needed.
- Provide guidance and support to teachers and staff regarding effective strategies for promoting communication skills in the classroom.
- Stay up-to-date with current research, trends, and best practices in the field of speech-language pathology.
- Attend meetings and participate in multidisciplinary team discussions regarding students' progress and educational needs.
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program.
- Current state licensure as a Speech-Language Pathologist in Connecticut.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) is preferred.
- Experience working with school-aged children, particularly in grades 5-8, is desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of speech and language disorders and interventions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively.
If interested in applying, please submit your resume by clicking here.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement