Soliant is currently seeking a passionate and dedicated Special Education Teacher to join our team for the upcoming 2023/2024 school year. This position is based in California and offers an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of students with special needs. As a Special Education Teacher, you will be responsible for creating and implementing individualized education programs (IEPs), providing instruction, and fostering an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
- Develop and implement individualized education programs (IEPs) for students with special needs, based on their specific learning goals and needs.
- Plan and deliver instructional activities that align with students' IEPs, ensuring differentiation and accommodation to meet diverse learning styles and abilities.
- Provide direct instruction to students with special needs in various subjects, adapting teaching methods and materials as necessary.
- Assess student progress regularly, using a variety of assessment tools and techniques, and adjust instructional strategies accordingly.
- Collaborate with other educators, specialists, and support staff to develop and implement appropriate interventions and accommodations for students with special needs.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with parents/guardians, providing regular updates on student progress, discussing strategies for supporting learning at home, and addressing any concerns or questions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation, including IEPs, progress reports, behavior plans, and other required paperwork.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes a sense of belonging, respect, and cooperation among students.
- Attend and participate in professional development opportunities, team meetings, and parent conferences as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Valid California teaching credential with Special Education authorization.
- Demonstrated experience working with students with special needs, preferably in a school setting.
- Strong knowledge of special education laws, policies, and best practices.
- Ability to develop and implement individualized education programs (IEPs).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, parents/guardians, and other stakeholders.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with students with special needs.
- Ability to adapt teaching methods and materials to meet diverse learning styles and abilities.
- Proficient in using technology for instructional purposes.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
For immediate consideration please email [email protected] Subject line: Special Education Teacher position, please submit the following documents to the email address above.
- Updated resume, including your contact information, educational background, and relevant work experience.
- Copies of your teaching credential(s) and any other relevant certifications.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews
Soliant is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
We look forward to receiving your application and the opportunity to work together in providing exceptional education to our students with special needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement