Are you a passionate and dedicated Occupational Therapist looking for an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of children? We are seeking a skilled and compassionate Occupational Therapist to join our team at a school in Berwyn, IL. As a school-based Occupational Therapist, you will play a vital role in helping students develop the necessary skills for success in their educational journey.
- Conduct thorough assessments of students' physical, cognitive, and sensory abilities to determine their specific needs.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans to address students' occupational therapy goals and objectives.
- Provide direct therapy services to students in both individual and group settings, utilizing evidence-based interventions and therapeutic techniques.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other members of the educational team to ensure the integration of therapy goals into students' overall educational plans.
- Monitor students' progress, adjust therapy interventions as needed, and document outcomes accordingly.
- Assist in the development and implementation of accommodations and modifications to support students' participation in classroom activities.
- Provide guidance and training to teachers and other staff members on strategies to support students' sensory and motor needs.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, including progress reports and treatment notes.
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program.
- Current licensure as an Occupational Therapist in the state of Illinois.
- Certification by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- Previous experience working with children or in a school setting is preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of child development, sensory processing, and motor skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, parents, and the educational team.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively.
- Proficiency in using technology and software applications relevant to occupational therapy practice.
- Competitive hourly rates commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement savings plan (401k) with employer matching.
- Professional development opportunities and support for continuing education.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
Application Process: To apply for the position of School-Based Occupational Therapist, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any additional supporting documents through our online application system. Qualified candidates will be contacted for further steps in the hiring process.
Join our team and be a part of a rewarding and fulfilling career where you can make a real difference in the lives of students. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Hannah East; Senior Account Executive
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement