Occupational Therapist (OT) Opening Near Austin, TX | 2023-24 School Year
AUSTIN, TX 11 days agoApply Now
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Occupational Therapist to join our team for the 2023-24 school year at a school near Austin, Texas. As an Occupational Therapist, you will provide essential therapy services to students, supporting their development and helping them reach their full potential. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a designated OT mentor and receive ample support from a collaborative team.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments to evaluate students' sensory, motor, and functional skills.
- Develop individualized treatment plans based on assessment results and Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Provide direct therapy services to students individually or in small groups, targeting areas such as fine motor skills, sensory processing, visual perception, and self-care.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals to support students in the classroom and implement therapy strategies across various settings.
- Monitor and document student progress regularly, adjusting therapy plans as needed to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Work closely with a designated OT mentor to enhance your professional growth and develop a deeper understanding of school-based occupational therapy practices.
- Attend team meetings and contribute expertise to develop appropriate goals and accommodations for students.
- Collaborate with other therapists and professionals to provide a holistic approach to student support.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in compliance with federal, state, and district regulations.
- Stay informed about current research, best practices, and advancements in the field of occupational therapy.
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program.
- Valid state licensure as an Occupational Therapist in Texas or eligibility for licensure.
- Prior experience working as an Occupational Therapist, preferably in an educational setting (new graduates are welcome to apply).
- Strong knowledge of sensory integration, fine motor development, visual perception, and activities of daily living.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, parents, teachers, and fellow professionals.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage a caseload efficiently.
- Understanding of federal and state regulations related to the provision of occupational therapy services in educational settings.
Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this position, or any other positions you see on the Soliant Health website.
Account Executive | Soliant Health
470.299.1183 | [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement