Occupational Therapist (OT) Opening Near Newport News, VA | 2023-24 School Year
Newport News, VA 16 days agoApply Now
Are you a passionate and experienced Occupational Therapist seeking a rewarding opportunity to work with students in a school setting? We have an exciting opening for an Occupational Therapist at a school near Newport News, Virginia for the 2023-24 school year. If you have a strong background in school-based occupational therapy and a commitment to helping students achieve their fullest potential, we want to hear from you!
- Job Title: Occupational Therapist
- Contract Type: Full-time
- Duration: 2023-24 School Year
- Location: Near Newport News, Virginia
Responsibilities: As an Occupational Therapist in our school, you will play a vital role in assessing, planning, and implementing therapy interventions to support students' functional abilities. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting comprehensive assessments to evaluate students' fine motor skills, sensory processing, and functional abilities.
- Developing and implementing individualized treatment plans based on assessment results and in collaboration with the IEP team.
- Providing direct therapy services to students, targeting areas such as fine motor skills, sensory integration, self-care abilities, and visual motor integration.
- Collaborating with teachers, parents, and other professionals to integrate therapy goals into the students' educational plans and classroom activities.
- Monitoring student progress, adjusting treatment plans as necessary, and documenting all therapy sessions and student outcomes.
- Participating in IEP meetings and contributing to the development of appropriate goals and accommodations.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution.
- Valid license to practice as an Occupational Therapist in Virginia.
- Previous experience working as an Occupational Therapist in a school setting is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the IEP process and familiarity with special education regulations.
- Strong understanding of sensory processing disorders, fine motor development, and evidence-based therapy techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this position, or any other positions you see on the Soliant Health website.
Account Executive | Soliant Health
470.299.1183 | [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement