Occupational Therapist Position - Austin, TX (FULL-TIME, 23/24 SCHOOL YEAR)
Austin , TX 11 days agoApply Now
Position: Occupational Therapist (School)
Location: Austin, TX
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description: We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Occupational Therapist to join our team of professionals, providing exceptional occupational therapy services to students in our school system. This position offers a fulfilling opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of children while working in a supportive and collaborative educational environment.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments to evaluate students' fine motor skills, sensory processing, visual-motor integration, self-help skills, and other areas relevant to occupational therapy.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans based on assessment results and students' specific needs.
- Provide direct occupational therapy services to students, addressing areas such as handwriting, sensory integration, motor coordination, visual perception, and activities of daily living.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other members of the educational team to support students' participation and success in the classroom.
- Adapt and modify classroom environments and activities to meet students' unique needs and promote independence.
- Monitor and document students' progress, adjusting treatment plans as necessary, and maintaining accurate records of therapy sessions and student outcomes.
- Participate in IEP (Individualized Education Program) meetings, providing valuable input and contributing to students' educational plans.
- Stay current with the latest research, trends, and best practices in the field of occupational therapy.
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program.
- Valid Texas state licensure (or eligibility) as an Occupational Therapist.
- Previous experience working with pediatric populations, preferably in a school-based setting.
- Strong knowledge of assessment tools, therapy techniques, and intervention strategies for addressing fine motor skills, sensory processing, and other areas related to occupational therapy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, parents, teachers, and other professionals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with professionalism.
If you are a motivated and passionate Occupational Therapist looking to make a difference in the lives of our students, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Account Executive| Soliant Health
470-286-1096| [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement