Occupational Therapist Position - URGENTLY HIRING- Milpitas, CA (PART-TIME, SUMMER 2023)
MILPITAS , CA 15 days agoApply Now
Job Title: Occupational Therapist (School-Based) - Summer Assignment
Location: Milpitas, CA
Job Type: Temporary (Summer Assignment)
Duration: June 12th - July 13th (Mondays & Fridays)
Job Description: Our school system is seeking a skilled and motivated Occupational Therapist to join our team for a summer assignment. As an Occupational Therapist in our school system, you will provide comprehensive occupational therapy services to students in our K-12 caseload, focusing on enhancing their functional skills and promoting independence. This temporary position offers a unique opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of students in Milpitas, CA, during the summer break.
- Conduct assessments to evaluate students' fine motor skills, sensory processing, visual-motor integration, and self-help abilities.
- Develop individualized treatment plans based on assessment results and students' specific needs.
- Provide direct occupational therapy services to students, addressing areas such as handwriting, motor coordination, sensory integration, self-care skills, and functional mobility.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals to integrate occupational therapy goals and strategies into the students' educational programs.
- Implement evidence-based interventions and therapeutic activities to enhance students' functional abilities and participation in the classroom and school activities.
- Monitor students' progress, adjust treatment plans as needed, and maintain accurate records of therapy sessions and student outcomes.
- Participate in IEP (Individualized Education Program) meetings and contribute to the development and implementation of students' educational plans.
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program.
- Valid California state licensure (or eligibility) as an Occupational Therapist.
- Previous experience working with students in a school-based setting is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of assessment tools, therapeutic techniques, and intervention strategies for addressing various occupational therapy needs in children and adolescents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, parents, teachers, and other professionals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with professionalism.
If you are a motivated and passionate Occupational Therapist looking to make a difference in the lives of our students for the summer, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Account Executive| Soliant Health
470-286-1096| [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement