OT: Occupational Therapist position needed near New Caney, TX for 2023/2024 School Year.
As one of the nation's largest healthcare staffing companies, we genuinely appreciate the opportunity to match highly qualified professionals in the positions that make a difference daily.
As a contract employee, you will be paid a competitive hourly rate that includes both direct and indirect services. Weekly hours each week are also guaranteed. More details about this opening are below.
Job Goal: The Occupational Therapist leads the process of development, implementation, and coordination of the occupational therapy program of the assigned school. Professional judgement and clinical knowledge are used to develop individualized programming based on occupational performance deficits in the areas of personal care, student role, interaction skills, process skills, play, community integration/work and graphic communication.
- 7.5 hrs: 5 days a week
- Dates: 8/7/23 - 05/24/2024
- Caseload: TBD
- On-site ONLY
- Must be Licensed
- Requires a Master’s Level Degree in Occupational Therapy
- AOTA State Certification
- State License (on hand)
- Provide informational/consultative services which will enhance the student’s ability to benefit from his/her educational program.
- Evaluate students suspected gross and fine motor disabilities in the context of an educational model at the assigned school(s).
- Document evaluation and relate impact on the educational performance of students.
- Recommend, establish, provide, and evaluate a course of interventions specific to the students’ disability.
- Work collaboratively with the classroom team to develop, implement, and evaluate classroom based instructional programs for students in special education classrooms to enhance motor and sensory skills that will support academic progress.
- Develop and implement an efficient service delivery schedule including individual, small group, and large group instruction, co-treat with Speech Language Pathologist staff when appropriate for individual student needs.
- Develop and implement a data management system to collect and record on-going student progress toward accomplishment of IEP goals and objectives.
- Analyze collected data to recommend appropriate techniques, interventions, and interactions for building staff on behalf of students.
- Schedule and conduct IEP/evaluation meetings as appropriate and participate as an IEP team member/evaluation group member in a timely, professional manner.
- Make referrals to support services when appropriate and required to meet students’ IEP goals.
- Provides individual and group professional development on identified therapeutic topics and strategies, as necessary and required.
- Work cooperatively with a building team, other OTs, and Physical Therapists, and/or other Special Services staff from across the district as necessary for student and program supports.
- Act as a liaison for implementation of therapies and maintains communication between the building principal, teachers, and Special Services.
- Supervise work of Certificated Occupational Therapy Assistant staff as assigned.
- Maintain OT equipment and manage repairs as needed.
- Maintain all required paperwork, physical and electronic, to ensure compliance and in accordance with records retention guidelines.
- Attend staff and other professional meetings as may be assigned or necessary.
- Connect building staff to resources required for successful implementation of therapeutic practices to support student learning.
- Demonstrate positive relationship skills with students, parents, and district staff, maintaining ongoing and open communication.
- Continue to improve methods and techniques through ongoing professional development and keep abreast of current therapeutic innovations through professional literature.
- Use technology and computer software for communication, presentations, trainings, and workshops.
- Possess knowledge of and adhere to Governing Policies and District Regulations and Procedures.
- Participate in special projects as assigned and perform related duties and key responsibilities consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Weekly competitive compensation (W-2)
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
If you or anyone you know is interested in this position, please contact Andre Cinicola directly at (678)-497-4807. For immediate consideration, email your updated resume to [email protected] . All applicants will be contacted within 24 hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement